My husband once told a group of college kids, “God has an opinion about every subject because He made every subject.”
They were blown away! although they were Christians, viewing God as having an opinion about every aspect of life and the world was a new concept to them.
Would you like your children to understand that what God thinks is most important?
Consider how Jesus was at 12 years old. Divine set aside, this human tween really impressed these Bible teachers!
After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. Luke 2:47
What can we do to help our children have a God perspective about life, the world, and themselves?
Listen to this episode of the 14 Min Momlife Pause.
Scriptures for the episode: Proverbs 14:15 The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
2 Cor 10:5
- Pray for your child to hunger and desire to know Jesus. Faith is about relationship more than rules.
- Outside the House affects inside the house.
The Israelites of the Exodus were born into Egyptian culture, which worshipped and did the bidding of other gods (fallen angels). Once in the wilderness it was revealed how much of that culture had become a part of them.
- We need to teach our kids how to evaluate:
– lofty opinions
– God’s ways, design, intents, purposes
– What did God say? (about a topic)
– What does God think? (about a topic)
- Study the Scriptures with the Holy Spirit.